“May it please the court,” said an American lawyer to a German justice of the peace before whom he was trying a case, “this is a case of great importance. While the American eagle, whose sleepless eye watches over the welfare of this mighty republic, and whose wings extend from the Alleghenies to the Rocky Chain of the West, was rejoicing in his pride of place …”

“Stop dare! I say vat hass dis suit to do mit de eagles? Dis suit hass nutin’ to do mit de vild bird. It vas vun sheep,” exclaimed the judge.
“True, your honour, but my client has rights and …”
“Your gliant hass no right to de eagle.”
“Of course not, but the laws of language …”
“Vat I care for de laws of language, eh? I oondershtand de laws of de states und dot is enough for me. Talk aboudt de case alretty.”
“Well, then, your honour, my client is charged with stealing a sheep and …”
“Dat vill do! Dat vill do! Ten dollars fine, und der court vill adjourn.”

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati